Notification for the PhD Science Admissions 2019 (January Batch) at AcSIR
The official notification for the PhD Science Admissions 2019 (January Batch) at AcSIR. Admissions AcSIR for Biological Sciences area 2019. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for AcSIR Admissions PhD January 2019. Check out all of the details on the admission process given below:
WHY STUDY AT AcSIR?
The aim of AcSIR is the pursuit of excellence in addition to doing something applicable. We promote the culture of being singularly dynamic and innovative. The Academy was established by a Resolution of the Parliament in 2010 and received recognition as an”Institution of National Importance” by the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) Act 2011. The Academy intends to maximize the number of qualified professionals and researchers of high-quality in the domain of science and engineering; and also to equip them with the skills to innovate and conduct seamless interdisciplinary research.
The programs equip students to undertake interdisciplinary research by providing a broad-based practical training at the best in the class national laboratories of CSIR. The Programs are structured around academic coursework (according to program requirement) and compulsory courses viz. One Project Proposal & one Review Article writing; and Societal Program; and research in frontier areas of Science, Technology and Engineering leading to a PhD degree.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD (Sciences) and Sponsored PhD (Sciences)
Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology, Medicine or Master’s degree in Science with a keen sense of scientific enquiry for pursuing innovative research in frontier areas of Biological, Chemical, Physical and Mathematical & Information Sciences leading to a PhD degree.
The candidate must be having a valid National level fellowship (JRF/ SRF of different financing agencies, e.g. CSIR, UGC, DBT, DST etc.), INSPIRE or other equal fellowships.
Project Assistants, Senior Research Fellows and CSIR Scientists are eligible to apply (according to AcSIR Ordinance No. 4(5)).
Sponsored PhD (Sciences)
Regular: Master’s Degree in Science*
Direct: Undergraduate degree in Science or allied subjects with 8.5 and/or 1strank holder in University/ Institution*.
* with an endorsement from Industry, Academic or Research Institutes for necessary academic leave and financial aid during the program.
Applicants qualifying their degree percentage shall use the formula, CGPA=(Percentage + 5) /10. Applicants with percent ≥ 95%, shall fill 10 CGPA.
Online Admission Portal of AcSIR
- For the Admission Process, you need to follow two phases:
- Registration phase
- Complete Application form Fill-up process
- In Registration phase, after you successfully register yourself, you’ll be receiving an auto email in your email-id with login credentials and link to be re-directed for additional complete admission form fill-up procedure with unique Registration Number.
- Application form fill-up process is divided into three steps:
1. Registration Step
2. Confirmation Step
3. Print Acknowledgement of Admission Receipt with Unique Form Number
- Important dates of admission process will be flashed on Portal.
- Only 1 application is permitted for an applicant. If at any time, it’s discovered that more than 1 application is filled by a candidate then the candidature will be summarily rejected.
- Short-listed candidates will be intimated electronically and They’ll Be required to look for an interview for selection in the designated centres on the dates announced.
In addition to their academic performance and/or depending on the vacancies, the final decision will be dependent on the performance of the candidate during the aptitude test/ interview.
- 18-01-2019 - Commencement of Academic Session
- 14-01-2019 To 15-01-2019 - Enrollment
- 19-12-2018 - Declaration of results
- 26-11-2018 To 14-12-2018 - Aptitude Test/Interview
- 07-11-2018 - Intimation to shortlisted candidates
- 25-10-2018 - Last date for submission of Online Application
- 21-09-2018 - Commencement of Online Admission Portal
Editor’s Note: AcSIR Admissions, PhD Programme AcSIR Admissions 2019, AcSIR PhD Admissions January 2019, Ph.D. Programme of Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) January 2019 Session.