National Institute of Immunology
(An autonomous research institute)
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi - 110067
National Institute of Immunology (NII) invites applications from eligible candidates for its Ph.D. programme. Cutting-edge research at NII encompasses broad interdisciplinary areas of Immunology, Infectious and Chronic Disease Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Chemical Biology, Structural Biology, and Computational Biology.
- M.Sc. in any branch of Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics), M.Tech., M.B.B.S., M.V.Sc., M.Pharm., Integrated M.Sc., or equivalent qualification as per norms of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
- At least 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) and Bachelor's degree, and 55% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Master's degree are essential for general category. Five percent relaxation in aggregate scores in Senior Secondary, Bachelor's, and Master's degrees will be applicable for candidates from reserved categories [OBC (non-creamy layer; NCL), SC/ST, and PwD]. Rounding off of percentage score to the next integral value is not permitted.
- Candidates appearing for the qualify ing examination in the current academic year are eligible to apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfilment of the eligibility requirements at the time of joining.
- Reservations of seats: 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, 27% for OBC (NCL) and 3% for persons with disability (PwD) as per statutory norms.
- NII will select candidates for the Ph.D. programme through the following Channels:
Channel# 1: Computer-based Entrance Examination, Nll-2019, to be conducted by NII at multiple centres all over India on 24" February 2019 (Sunday)
Channel # 2: Joint Graduate Entrance Examination in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS-2019). Candidates applying through JGEEBILS-2019 must submit an application through NII application portal, along with application fees, and the JGEEBILS-2019 admit card.
- Candidates must appear in at least one of the two examinations mentioned above. Candidates will be short-listed for an interview based on their scores in either Nll-2019 or JGEEBILS-2019.
- The list of candidates short-listed for interviews shall be available on the NII website and Notice Board on or before151" March 2019.
- Interviews will be held at the National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, from 13th to 15thJune, 2019.
- Candidates selected will be enrolled for the Ph.D. programme of NII in academic affiliation with JNU, New Delhi. Candidates joining the programme will be paid second class train fare on providing the proof of journey.
- The programme will start on 08th July 2019 and the allotment of laboratories th and thesis supervisors will be made by 12th July 2019, based on the interactions with faculties in the candidates' area of interest and mutual preference.
- The institute currently provides a Junior Research Fellowship of ₹ 25000/- per month. Selected candidates who are already fellowship awardees from CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT, and DST may avail those fellowships as per rules governed by the respective funding agency.
- NII is a residential campus and shared hostel accommodation will be provided to all the students admitted to the program.
- Candidates should submit their applications through NII online application portal only. The details of the application process are available at http://www.nii.res.in.
- Online application fee is ₹ 1000/- for GENERAL/OBC(NCL) candidates and ₹ 500/- for SC/ST/PwD (non-refundable).
- Online application facility will be available at the NII website from 26th December, 2018 to 27th January 2019.
- For technical queries regarding NII online admission portal, please contact
helpline number: 022-62507725; Email: [email protected]
- For queries regarding the eligibility criteria or other academic matters, please contact Tel: 011-26717101, 011-26703662, or011-26703762; Email: [email protected]
- Name of the candidate and the date of birth should match the corresponding entries in the Secondary School Certificate (10th) or equivalent.
- Candidates must ensure that the information details furnished in the online application are true and correct. If any discrepancy is observed at any stage, NII reserves the right to cancel the admission.
|Online Application begins||26.12.2018|
|Online application closing||27.01.2019|
|Admit card available for download||06.02.2019 onwards|
|NII-2019 Entrance Examination||24.02.2019|
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.