PhD – Regular
Areas and Eligibility
Semester II Academic Year 2018-19
PhD In Sciences
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic and Organometallic Chemistry
- Catalysis and Materials Synthesis
- Homogeneous Catalysis
- Polymer Chemistry
- Chemical Physics
- Computational Chemistry
- Electrochemical Biosensor
- Fuel Cells, Li-ion and Na-ion Batteries
- Modelling of Complex Chemical and Biological System
- Molecular Dynamics
- Photoredox Catalysis
- Supramolecular Synthesis
- Solid-state NMR: Theory and Experiments
- Ultracold Chemistry
- Theoretical Biophysical Chemistry
- Polymeric Biomaterials for Drug Delivery
- Antibacterial Gels
Masters or equivalent degree in Chemistry/Biochemistry/ Materials Science and Technology/Pharmaceutical Sciences/Biotechnology/Physics or appropriate research areas together with First Class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST).
Candidates meeting this requirement must also fulfil one of the following additional prerequisites with legitimate
a) GATE Qualification
B) UGC/CSIR-NET or Equivalent qualification.
C) DST-INSPIRE or alternative national fellowship
Candidates with M. Tech or equivalent with First Class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks are exempted from the requirement of GATE eligibility
How to Apply:
Welcome to the online admission Portal of IIT Ropar. Please follow below-mentioned step(s) for applying online:
1. Get a login: Create yourself a login in this website to get started with the application procedure (see a line above heading”You must log in or register to view this form”). Select the option”Create new account” in the user login menu, then enter a login name of your choice along with a valid email address. An email will be sent from IIT Ropar’s email-id for verification. Please click the link provided in the email to confirm your accounts and to login to set your password. Use this password together with the login name you supplied to log in for this website.
2. You may change your password request to reset the password on this portal.
3. Login to the website and follow the links in the Main menu on the left to fill your application form online.
4. Email alerts will be sent to your email address, please be sure emails with the from address”@iitrpr.ac.in” don’t get caught in your spam/junk mailbox.
5. It’s asked to not fill the form in Private Browsing Mode or Incognito Mode.
6. Your application isn’t submitted until you ‘click on’ submit button. After submission, you will receive an acknowledgment mail on your registered mail-id.
7. While uploading document(s) in form give the a Unique Name [firstname_lastfivedigits_of_your_mobile_no. Pdf] to avoid uploading mistakes.
8. For any additional Technical Details / Queries, send us a mail on info[AT]iitrpr.ac.in