Joint CSIR-UGC NET - 2017 for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Eligibility for Lectureship
CSIR-UGC NET - 2017 official notification is out. Below are the key things you might need to know.
Last Date of Applying Online : September 16th, 2017
Tentative Date of Single MCQ Examination : December 17th, 2017
As per official notification below are the important dates to keep in mind-
- Date of Start of Online Submission: 23rd August, 2017
- Date of Close of Deposit of Fee (all Station): 15th September, 2017
- Date of Close of Online Submission of Application (all Station): 16th September, 2017
Detailed Schedule Breakdown-
- Date of Single MCQ Examination - 17th December, 2017
- Schedule for On-Line Application
- Start of On-Line Submission of Application Form and Fee deposit through Bank Challan - 23.08.2017
- Date of close of deposit of fee (at All stations) - 15th, September, 2017
- Date of close of On-Line submission of Applications (at all stations) - 16th, September, 2017
- Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of online application in the
Examination Unit (other than remote areas) 23rd, September, 2017
- Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of online application in the Examination Unit (from remote areas) 03rd October, 2017
- Last Date for receipt of written request for change of Examination Centre only on merit basis 20th October, 2017
- Tentative date of Publication of list of candidates registered for test on CSIR, HRDG website 17th November, 2017
- Last date for accepting of representation about non-registration for this test 23rd November, 2017
- Issue of e-Admission Certificate to registered candidates 1st week of December, 2017
- Candidates should have M. Sc or equivalent degree/Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/B Tech/B Pharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for general and OBC-Non Creamy layer candidates (Central list only as provided in National Commission for Backward Classes website) and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with disability (PwD) candidates
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc. or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on 01st March 2016, are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award
- Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (Given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Department/Institute from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared
- B.Sc. (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD Programme with at least 55% marks for general and OBC (Non Creamy layer) candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST, Persons with disability (PwD) candidates are also eligible to apply
- Candidates with bachelor’s degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for PhD/Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years
- Candidates having Bachelor’s degree only shall not be eligible for Lectureship.
- The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC. PhD degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only
- The candidates with the above qualification are advised to fill up their degree with percentage of marks in column No. 18 to 21, as applicable
- For JRF (NET): Maximum 28 years as on 01st January 2017 (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy layer)/ Persons with disability (PwD) and female applicants)
- For LS (NET): No upper age limit
Scheme of the Test
- Life Science (Total Marks 200)
Syllabus of the Test
The question paper shall be divided into three parts, (A, B & C) as per syllabus & Scheme of Exam
- Part 'A' shall be common to all subjects. This part shall contain questions pertaining to General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison, series formation, puzzles etc.
- Part 'B' shall contain subject-related conventional Multiple Choice questions (MCQs), generally covering the topics given in the syllabus
- Part 'C' shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate's knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem
Syllabus & Scheme of Exam of single MCQ Paper may be seen at CSIR HRDG website www.csirhrdg.res.in
The Exam Scheme for Chemical Sciences has been revised from June 2017 CSIR-UGC (NET) Exam onwards. The revised exam scheme and model Question paper may be seen at CSIR HRDG website www.csirhrdg.res.in
Negative marking for wrong answers, wherever required, shall be applicable as per subject wise scheme of Exam
Examination Centers and their Codes
|Centre Code No.||Centre Code Name||Centre Name|
Examination Fees of CSIR-UGC NET - 2017
Candidates applying for the Test may deposit their Examination fee, after verifying their eligibility, in any branch of the Indian Bank throughout the country by paying the following fee in cash through bank challan to be downloaded from the CSIR website OR through NEFT from any other Bank branch.
The journal number or the UTR number given by the Bank is to be filled in the payment details while submitting the application form:
- General - ₹ 1000/-
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) - Non Creamy Layer - ₹ 500/-
- SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH) - ₹ 250/-
Candidates may also deposit their fees through RTGS or NEFT by giving particulars of the Indian Bank, as notified in the fee deposit challan.
A/c Name: CSIR UGC ONLINE FEES
Bank Name: Indian Bank, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi
A/c No.: 6151487178
IFSC Code: IDIB000W006 (Aai Dee Aai Bee Zero Zero Zero Double-u Zero Zero Six)
OBC candidates whose caste is not listed in Central List (as available on National Commission for Backward Classes website www.ncbc.nic.in) and who are not covered under the provisions as applicable to OBC - Non Creamy Layer (NCL) candidates, shall be treated as General Category candidates for all purposes.
How to Apply
Following useful steps can be taken to apply for CSIR UGC NET-
STEP 1: Download challan and fill it up and deposit the fee (Fee can be paid using RTGS/NEFT)
STEP 2: Fill online application through the Apply Online link provided on official website
STEP 3: Save and take the print out of the successful submission of the application submitted
STEP 4: Complete the application form and send it to CSIR.
Below are the details of above steps as given in the official notification-
Interested & eligible candidates may apply Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website: www.csirhrdg.res.in. In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan Proforma from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee (strictly as per their category) in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country.
Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at CSIR, HRDG website CAREFULLY.
Subjects of specialization consist the following subjects-
|Sp. Sub. Code||Sp. Sub. Name|
|302||BIODIVERSITY AND TAXONOMY|
Candidates must write their name, father/mother's name as written in their Matriculation (X Class Board) Certificate and should ensure that the same are matching with their educational qualification certificates and caste certificate except for married females who may submit relevant certificate regarding change of their name while filling their online application form. All Caste/PwD Certificates shall be strictly as per Govt. of India instructions. The validity of OBC certificates (Non-creamy layer) shall be governed as per Govt. of India instructions.
After filling the online application, candidates should preview their entire application form and make changes if required before final submission of online application. No change in the particulars entered in the application form will be possible after final submission of online application and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. In the event of candidate qualifying the JRF/LS NET exam, certificate will be issued strictly on the basis of information provided by the candidate in his/her online application form.
After successful submission of ONLINE Application, a Form Number will be generated. Preserve the Form Number for future reference and for downloading your e-Admit Card. Keep a print (hardcopy) of the duly filled-in application form for future use.
A candidate should not submit more than one application. If a candidate submits more than one application either for the same subject or for different subject, none of the applications of such candidate will be entertained.
NOTE: Candidates, applying for CSIR-UGC NET - 2017, after successfully submitting application online are required to take print out of the Application Form, paste his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/her signature at the required space, attach caste certificate, if applicable and send along with CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope superscribed with Subject Code, Centre Code & Medium Code to
The Deputy Secretary (Exam),
Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit,
CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa,
so as to reach on or before 23rd September, 2017 (03rd October, 2017 for remote areas).
Online applications without hard copy or bank challan receipt or incomplete in any respect will be summarily rejected. Candidates should note that successful submission of online application does not mean that they have been registered for this test. To ensure their candidature, candidates should check their registration status on website (csirhrdg.res.in) tentatively between 23rd - 29th November, 2017 and afterwards their request shall not be considered.
Examination fee paid for a particular examination will neither be adjusted for any subsequent examination nor refunded under any circumstances. Candidates should also check all the columns of Bank Challan, online application, which are to be filled in properly to avoid cancellation of application. Please note that Fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
IN ORDER TO AVOID LAST MINUTES RUSH, THE CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO APPLY EARLY ENOUGH. CSIR WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR NETWORK PROBLEM OR ANY OTHER SUCH TYPE OF PROBLEM.
Result of CSIR-UGC NET - 2017
Result of the examination will be announced in the official website of CSIR [http://csirhrdg.res.in/].
For any question or query please contact us or use the comment form below.
All the Best